Within Europe, there are many different promotional systems for renewable energy – and their designs are constantly changing. We analyze the promotional systems in different countries and guide your decision on investing in other markets or developing promotional systems in a more target-oriented manner.
Get the following overview of the market with us:
- Detailed description of promotional instruments, taking account of individual renewable energy technologies and renewable energy plants (feed-in tariffs, bonuses, the possible development of green electricity certificate prices, and other promotional sources)
- Analysis of potential additional revenue streams, such as wholesale electricity prices (relevant for premium models and quota obligation schemes, for example)
With the help of our precisely tailored analyses, you are always in a position to identify land potential and to secure the sites that are attractive to you for constructing wind energy and PV ground-mounted systems. Our services include a unique combination of comprehensive databases, scalable models based on geographic information systems (GIS) and the know-how of our team of interdisciplinary experts.
From site-specific area potential analysis to the investigation of entire countries – we provide you with the appropriate decision-making basis for your next renewable energy project. The parameterization can be customized, so that you receive an analysis tailored to your requirements and adapted to the conditions and framework of the various countries or regions, while we always consider the requirements of regional planning.
We forecast expansion paths for any area (e.g. network/grid areas), taking into account specific regional conditions such as potential and weather conditions for individual renewable technologies.
At the same time, we calculate hourly generation structures for differing climatic years on the basis of our high resolution spatial and temporal weather data as well as our georeferenced databases for built or planned renewable energy plants. As a result, you will receive an hourly generation time series as well as the underlying expansion paths of individual renewable energy technologies for any number of forecast years.
We are also happy to predict the residual load of respective areas for you. To this end, we also employ our regional load forecast model.
The revenue generated by renewable systems on the wholesale electricity market depends on their respective, fluctuating input and the corresponding hourly electricity prices on the electricity exchange.
The development of market values is even more relevant in countries where reduced market values are not, at least partially, compensated for by a promotional system (sliding market premium). Not least of these are PPA projects.
In this case, a further increase in the construction of new renewable energy sources can reduce the market value of wind power and photovoltaic systems, rendering planned projects uneconomical.
- We provide a thorough overview of the relevance of market values across different promotional systems.
- For all European countries, we forecast the development of individual technologies’ market value.
- We evaluate the profitability of your renewable energy plant or planned project.
- We show you what opportunities and risks arise in each respective country.